In order to make KnowledgeTree available to users in Salesforce, it must be added to page layouts. It is possible to limit visibility to certain groups of users by creating a unique layout for those specific users.
Recommendations for achieving this:
- Create a uniquely named layout for each object, ex. Opportunity - KnowledgeTree
- Create a a unique Salesforce profile for KnowledgeTree users that has the KnowledgeTree layout assigned.
- If users come from various teams with different profiles, it may be useful to clone and edit a copy of each team's existing profile and layout.
- Cloning allows users to easily retain access to all other applications and fields they are using in their team-specific layout.
- Once copies are created, you can associate users with the new cloned profile and layout.