As you know, KnowledgeTree empowers sales teams with the right content at the right time. More specifically, KnowledgeTree gives your Marketing team tools for exposing the right content to Sales so they stay on message given any situation.
How can you attribute the content your marketing team has been busy creating to moving a prospect through your sales pipeline?
KnowledgeTree captures each share, prospect view and prospect download event as a task in Salesforce. Marketing automation tools like Marketo, Eloqua, and Hubspot can use that task data to kick off marketing campaigns and track the results.
Let's take a look at a task, generated by KnowledgeTree for Salesforce, and discuss the value of those fields so you know what to feed into your Marketing automation tool.
- Assigned To: This captures the name of the rep that shared the content. If prospect view or download events are generated from that shared content, their tasks will also be assigned to the rep.
- Subject: We place the title of the content being shared as the subject for the task. This makes it quick and easy to see exactly what content is being shared, viewed and downloaded.
- Share Recipient Data: We capture the geolocation data for all share, view and download events. This field will tell you the location of the prospect and the device they used to interact with your content.
- Share Activity: This field captures whether the event was a share, view or download. The view event is exceptionally important as it tells you that your prospect has interacted with this content. This is a great marketing automation trigger for cultivating relationships with that prospect.
- Name: This is the name of the prospect the content was shared with.
- Email: This is the email address of the prospect the content was shared with.
Let's look at an example:
Here we're changing the score of any Lead in this Marketo campaign if an Activity logged in Salesforce contains "ebook Sales Portal Love was viewed". Because KnowledgeTree includes that string in the comments section of the task, anytime a Lead views that eBook, Marketo would increase that Leads score by 20.
This is just one of the many ways KnowledgeTree gives you the key ingredients to kick off an automated marketing campaign for every share, view and download generated by your sales team and their prospects.
More Pertinent Info:
KnowledgeTree does not have a direct integration with Marketo's Sales Insight. The best use case is to leverage KnowledgeTree activities that are generated in Salesforce, as detailed above, to create interesting moments.
For example, you can create an interesting moment for when a prospect views content shared through KnowledgeTree. You can also increase their score if they have viewed or downloaded an asset.
KnowledgeTree focuses on the bottom of funnel where one on one communication is crucial where as many marketing automation tools focus on the top of the funnel to pull leads in.