This article covers removing assets from your KnowledgeTree Manager account. If you would like to hide assets from your Salesforce users but keep those assets in your KnowledgeTree account you should unpublish those assets instead of removing them.
Important Information about Removing Assets
- Removing an Asset from KnowledgeTree is permanent and can't be undone.
- Removing Assets from your KnowledgeTree account does not remove them from the content sources you've connected to your KnowledgeTree account. For example, if you add a presentation from your Box.com account into your KnowledgeTree account and subsequently remove it from your KnowledgeTree account, that presentation will remain untouched in your Box.com account.
- You can't remove assets that have been shared with prospects using the KnowledgeTree for Salesforce sharing feature. Removing those assets would disable the share landing pages prospects use to preview those assets.
How to Remove Assets from the Asset List
- Select the Assets you would like to remove from your KnowledgeTree Manager account and click the "Remove" button.
- You'll be presented with a confirmation window. If none of the assets selected have been shared with prospects, you'll see the following confirmation window. Click the "Remove" button to remove the selected assets.
- If some of the assets you've selected are ineligible for removal because they've been shared with prospects, you'll see the following confirmation dialog informing you that only assets that haven't been shared will be removed. Click the "Remove" button to remove eligible assets.
How to Remove Assets from the Asset Details Page
- Click on the asset to get to the Asset Details page.
- Click the "Remove" button.
- You'll be presented with a confirmation window. If the asset hasn't been shared with prospects, you'll see the following confirmation window. Click "Remove" to remove the asset.
- If the asset you're viewing on the asset details page has been shared with prospects, you won't be able to remove that asset. If you're trying to hide the asset from Salesforce users, click the Unpublish button instead of the "Remove" button.