To assign rules you must first import rules from Salesforce.
The rules you create and assign to assets determine when assets are recommended to a Salesforce user within their sales process.
Assigning Rules to Multiple Assets
Assigning Rules on the Asset Details Page
- Click on the asset
- Click the "Assign Rules" button
- You'll be presented with the list of rules you've created. These rules are grouped by Salesforce Objects like Account, Lead, Opportunity etc ...
- You can also search as you type within this list to find a particular rule or set of rules.
- Once you've selected the rules you would like to apply to the asset, click "Update"
- You can see all of the rules associated with this specific asset, including the new one you added. You can see the details of a particular rule by hovering over that rule with your cursor.
Removing Rules from Multiple Assets
- Select the Assets you would like to remove rules from and click the "Remove Rules" button.
- Select the rules you would like to remove from the selected assets.
- Click the "Update" button to successfully remove the selected rules.