A great feature of KnowledgeTree is the ability to see when your prospect is viewing content. However, you may find that you are getting several email notifications from the same prospect over and over. Here are a few explanations of why you may receive multiple notifications from one prospect.
- They are really interested in the content! We will send you a notification each and every time they view it. So chances are, they are just really interested!
- The prospect has shared the link with other members of their team. Because the link is associated with the original prospect, subsequent notifications will show that they viewed it, rather than the person they shared it with. You can note the difference of the IP address, browser and location.
- The prospect double-clicked (or triple-clicked!) the link. They may have inadvertently opened the link multiple times by clicking the link more than once. These notifications may appear to be duplicates because they will happen within seconds of each other.
- Their email system automatically checks links sent to them. Some email will have a "bot" click through links that are included in emails to make sure they are valid and not harmful. We may generate a view notification from this "click".
- They are traveling! Sometimes a prospect is traveling. KnowledgeTree will pick up on their location wherever they are.